Our commitment to patient safety is of the utmost importance therefore infection control is a priority. Following the arrival of Covid-19 this is even more vital.
Patients who are recovering from the virus, or showing symptoms should not attend, but we look forward to seeing you in the future.
For those who do visit, every precaution will be in taken.
There will be limited appointments due to PPE. Please book appointments by phone or email. All appointments will need to be booked in by phone:
020 7622 3973
07599 601 912
Only patients with a confirmed booking should attend the clinic.
For further Coronavirus information please read below.
A Focused Regime
We are required to focus on urgent cases but appointment making will still be led by good communication, so all patients have a clear idea of timing for visits.
Procedures will be constantly reviewed to keep everyone safe, the current planned approach:
- If you call to make an appointment, you will be asked some screening questions. A form will be emailed to you with information. These questions will be asked again at your appointment.
- Patients will be triaged by phone 1-3 working days before attending. Along with dental investigations, they will be asked about their health in terms of Covid-19 and that of their family members.
- We ask that you do not attend too early and wait outside if you do. Only 1 person can accompany the patient and will be able to wait in reception. Other patients or companions may need to wait in their car or outside.
- When you enter, you will be asked to disinfect, and wash your hands. Your temperature will be taken and recorded, a covid questionnaire will need to be completed if not already emailed back to clinic.
- Attending alone will be preferred. If a parent, carer, or partner does need to come, they will need to come in wearing mask on arrival and generally not be permitted to enter the treatment room.
- For all treatment, you will be seen by team members wearing full medical personal protection. They also wear surgical masks at all other times within the practice and observe detailed infection control
- Before treatment, you will rinse with H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide)mouthwash or with a chlorhexidine solution before procedures. A rubber dam may be used.
We have no intention of being antisocial but won’t shake hands, there are no magazines, internal doors are left open, so you don’t need to open them.
A Managed Practice
- Practical instructions will remain – like how to wash your hands. Social distancing remains vital in the waiting room.
- Strict cleaning procedures are in place for floors and surfaces in non clinical areas from toilets to door handles. With the most appropriate detergent cleaner used in each case.
- Staff must wash their hands regularly for at least 20 secs and after every event. Hand sanitisers are available for all.
- Any labwork arriving at the practice will be carefully disinfected.
- Treatment rooms are tidied and disinfected throughout between appointments. This may mean a few less visits each day but a key procedure.
- The approach above will allow us to treat almost all patients. A few people of advanced years, or compromised health may need special consideration, perhaps a postponement but this will be quite rare.
- We apologise for any inconvenience these protocols cause , but they are for your safety.
- Financially, it is going to be a difficult time with regards to rigorous hygiene procedures and the use of PPE.
- Due to the changes in circumstances there will be on additional cost of £15 per appointment.